Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sacred Music Colloquium 2008

W ell, I am currently still in the suburbs of Chicago near Loyola University, with just 1 1/2 days left of the colloquium! It will be hard to leave on Sunday. It is musical heaven for a Catholic Church musician and the facilities were so much better this year. I wish I never miss a colloquium for many years. However, I have no idea what is in store for me even as I head back home. While I have been here, I have had some very unexpected things happen concerning vocation discernment, that have thrown me for a loop. God seems to enjoy doing that to me. I'm starting to not mind it too much. I'm learning to trust more and not stress about not knowing the answers to things at the moment, and trying to live day by day. And during everything that has happened this week, it doesn't really cause any stress or terrible confusion. If God wills something in the future, it will happen.
Also, over this past week, I seem to have a growing sense that I won't stay in Vermont. For both vocational and practical reasons as a musician. I am not 100% positive though. It depends if God miraculously helps me to get a good job within the next two weeks or not. I just don't want to sit around in VT waiting. As much as a I love my family here, and would like to help the Catholic church in Vermont through my gift of music, it just may not be possible.
Well, it is late, and I have much singing to do tomorrow. They really pack our days full. I will enjoy the last full day of the colloquium, I'm sure, even though someone I've come to care about won't be there.

1 comment:

Aristotle said...

Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my blogroll. If you're on Facebook you may want to check out the group I created there.

It was a pleasure to meet you last week in Chicago!