Sunday, October 21, 2007

My place

I know it's been a week since my last post and have wanted to post lately but have not had time! i still do not have time to say much tonight, since some of my family came to visit me at college for four days, so i have homework to catch up on now!
I hope to be able to post soon, more on sacred music in the church, but in the meantime, if anyone checks this blog, pray for me as i continue to struggle with discerning my place in the church and its musical heritage, wondering if in the future i would even be capable of "working in the trenches" as Jeffrey Tucker puts it, in the normal Catholic parish setting. Or am I meant to just help the spread of the extraordinary form and by my knowledge of chant and polyphony and make high masses possible? I have no clue, and it's so frustrating because I lack the trust I desire to have a deep trust in God's will for me and when He chooses to reveal it.

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

Try different parts o the vineyard out as the opportunities arise. Just get as wide an education you can right now. You and "the job" will find each other. If you work at what you love, it's not a job, it's a vocation.